What Teen Programs Offer
Welcome to “The Club”
As of October 2021, in-person Teen Programming is now once again available in both Paterson and Passaic. Our Teen Program welcomes local youth for quality programming designed to keep teenagers engaged in career-building opportunities, build quality connections with others in their community, and enjoy a safe and supportive space to spend their free time. We offer programming that ranges from:
- Academic Assistance: SAT Prep, Career Exploration
- Lifeskills Training: Financial Management programs, Health & Wellness Education
- Leisure Activities and Games: Art Programs, Open Basketball, Aquatics
- College Prep: Teen Internships, College Tours and College Preparedness, Access to Scholarship Funds
Teen programming is available for ages 13-18.
To learn more about Teen Programming please contact the following Directors below:
How to Register
Interested in Joining our Program? Here are some helpful need-to-knows!
- Our Paterson Clubhouse Teen Program Schedule is: 6:30pm – 9pm, Monday through Friday. Join us on Saturdays at 9am for our Basketball training combine all February long!
- Our Passaic Clubhouse Teen Program Schedule is: 6:30pm-9pm, Tuesday through Friday and Saturdays 1pm – 5:30pm.
- Teen membership is always FREE. There is no cost to join.
- Teen Center orientations are held every Tuesday for new participants.
- Applications to participate are available in person or via the link below. All applications must be submitted in person to the Clubhouse you wish to attend or via the link below.
Upcoming Events to Put on Your Calendar!
- February 26, 2022, 9am: Basketball Training Combine (Paterson Only)
- March 5, 2022, 10:30am: Draft Day Experience
- This event is a partnership with Street 2 Street for teens who would like to play in a basketball league. Rising Stars and Varsity levels available. The season starts March 12, and must be present for the draft to play! Contact our Teen Directors for more information.
Check back regularly for additional calendar dates!
Youth of the Year
Established in 1947, Youth of the Year is BGCA’s premier recognition program for Club members, promoting service to Club, community and family; academic success; strong moral character; life goals; and poise and public speaking ability. The program is most effective when used as a year-round tool for fostering young people’s character, personal growth and leadership qualities.
Local Clubs recognize members ages 14 to 18 as Youth of the Month winners and select a Youth of the Year, who then participates in state competitions. State winners each receive a $1,000 scholarship and participate in regional competitions. Five regional winners each receive a $10,000 scholarship and compete on the national level. The National Youth of the Year receives up to an additional $50,000 scholarship and is installed by the President of the United States.
Member Spotlight: Meet our 2021 Youth of the Year Candidate, Ajanae
Ajanae represented our Club in the 2020 Youth of the Year competition. Along with several other teens from across our state, Ajanae memorized and made a speech about her passion – supporting the hearing impaired community – to several prominent leaders in NJ. For her participation, she received $1,500 in scholarship funds.