What Teen Programs Offer
Welcome to “The Club”
Our Club welcomes local youth for quality programming designed to engage teenagers in career-building opportunities, build quality connections with others in their community, and enjoy a safe and supportive space to spend their free time. Teen programming in available in both Paterson and Passaic. We offer programming that ranges from:
- Academic Assistance: SAT Prep, Career Exploration
- Lifeskills Training: Financial Management programs, Health & Wellness Education
- Leisure Activities and Games: Art Programs, Open Basketball, Aquatics
- College Prep: Teen Internships, College Tours and College Preparedness, Access to Scholarship Funds
Teen programming is available for ages 13-18.
To learn more about Teen Programming please contact the following:
- Samantha Jimenez, Teen Director: email@example.com
- Quneisha Cook, Teen Coordinator Paterson: firstname.lastname@example.org
PAID summer internships and FREE lifeguard, CPR, and babysitting training are available for Club Teens at our Paterson and Passaic locations. Contact our teen director for more information.
How to Register
Interested in Joining our Program? Here are some helpful need-to-knows!
- Our Paterson Clubhouse Teen Program Schedule: Monday through Friday, 5:00pm – 8:00 pm. Join us on Saturdays at 9:00am for our basketball training combine all February long!
- Our Passaic Clubhouse Teen Program Schedule: Monday through Friday, 5:00pm – 8:00 pm.
- Teen membership is always FREE. There is no cost to join.
- Teen Center orientations are held every Tuesday for new participants.
- Applications are available at our Paterson and Passaic Clubhouses. For more information, contact Samantha Jimenez, Teen Director at email@example.com or 862-310-9326.
Upcoming Events to Put on Your Calendar!
Check back regularly for additional calendar dates!
Youth of the Year
Established in 1947, Youth of the Year is BGCA’s premier recognition program for Club members, promoting service to Club, community and family; academic success; strong moral character; life goals; and poise and public speaking ability. The program is most effective when used as a year-round tool for fostering young people’s character, personal growth and leadership qualities.
Local Clubs recognize members ages 14 to 18 as Youth of the Month winners and select a Youth of the Year, who then participates in state competitions. State winners each receive a $1,000 scholarship and participate in regional competitions. Five regional winners each receive a $10,000 scholarship and compete on the national level. The National Youth of the Year receives up to an additional $50,000 scholarship and is installed by the President of the United States.
Member Spotlight: Meet our 2022 Youth of the Year Candidate, Chevaughn
Chevaughn represented our Club in the 2022 Youth of the Year competition. Along with several other teens from across our state, Chevaughn memorized and made a speech about his passion – supporting young people and the disabled community – to several prominent leaders in New Jersey. Chevaughn’s impressive presentation led to him being named a runner-up contestant in the competition.